- Work streams should always be ranked, so there is no ambiguity about priorities. If everything is important, nothing is important.
- Attempt to limit concurrent work streams, encourage engagement and ownership. Switching between work streams has inherent overhead which will lead to a significant efficiency loss. link
- Nuanced communication does not scale. Keep your messaging simple and consistent.
- Focus on ensuring initiatives and tasks are completed once they're started. They can easily get lost in the churn of shifting priorities, which can lead to a significant amount of time being lost.
- Generally, teams should work at ~80% of their capacity. Although this may appear less efficient, it's not. It allows teams to better adapt to unforeseen circumstances, it promotes creativity and innovation, and it prevents burnout.
Effective Directorship Tips